FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
kekpop

Holy priest : need criticism and advice

Hello,

I play a Holy priest in my raid. I used to play Disc in MOP but I hate what they did to the spec at WoD. I'll maybe switch back to Disc one day...

Here are some of my logs :

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KBdYw8m6hxgtRj9V/

I don't consider myself a bad player, but not a very good one either. I don't realy care about the pure HPS number, I just want to know if you guys have some advice, things I miss, or things I can do better to improve my heal.

Thanks ! :)

I checked out some of your logs and you seem to be doing alright, however there are a few things i would note.

Consider which fights Power Infusion are better than Twist of Fate. I note that you have 50% uptime on ToF on Butcher/Koragh/Bracken, but around 20-30% on Tectus and Twin Ogron. I would swap to Power Infusion here instead.

Also I would recommend you switch to Cascade, it should perform better on almost every fight. It doesn't make a lot sense to run Halo on a boss like Brackenspore where you entire raid are clumped up. I can perhaps understand it on Twins if your raid are spread all over the place.

Your raid would almost certainly benefit more from you being Discipline. Holy priests are fine and good, but their toolkit is built around raid healing and not doing 50/50 between tanks and raid.

Edited by Bobbyjensen6000
  • Like 1

I looked at your logs and saw that you had only casted 3 Prayer of Healing and 3 Heals. I think you should have more casts of either of those because of your serendipity stacks.  After 2 stacks, you shouldn't be casting flash heal unless its the instant one and you need an instant heal, you should be casting Heal because its just as fast at 2 stacks and heals the same amount. Or Prayer of Healing if you need to group heal.  That can fix some of your mana problems. 

Also for Prayer of Healing to be better, I've found it really good to put melee members in one party and ranged in another party.  When melee or ranged get hit, they tend to all get hit, and this makes your prayer of healing much more effective as its likely to heal all 5 people.

• Like 1

I looked at your logs and saw that you had only casted 3 Prayer of Healing and 3 Heals. I think you should have more casts of either of those because of your serendipity stacks.  After 2 stacks, you shouldn't be casting flash heal unless its the instant one and you need an instant heal, you should be casting Heal because its just as fast at 2 stacks and heals the same amount. Or Prayer of Healing if you need to group heal.  That can fix some of your mana problems. 

Also for Prayer of Healing to be better, I've found it really good to put melee members in one party and ranged in another party.  When melee or ranged get hit, they tend to all get hit, and this makes your prayer of healing much more effective as its likely to heal all 5 people.

We change the raid groups a few times, initial setup for kargath, once for butcher, once for brackenspore and then again for ko'ragh and one last time for imp. We assign different jobs to people and arrange the groups accordingly, so that groups can benefit most from group heals, mainly the AA+PoH and my Serenity*2+PoH stacks.