FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

10 Things to Do Before Patch 8.3 Goes Live

ApHqYDT.jpg

Patch 8.3 will go live early next year and we compiled a list of things to do over the holidays to keep you busy.

1. Achievements

Some achievements are going away in Visions of N'Zoth, so don't forget to defeat Queen Azshara on Heroic or Mythic difficulty and complete all Mythic+ dungeons at Keystone Level 10 or 15 before the update goes live.

Blizzard has reworked Deepwind Gorge in Patch 8.3 and Master of Deepwind Gorge Master of Deepwind Gorge will be replaced with Master of Deepwind Gorge Master of Deepwind Gorge, so the old achievement will likely be transformed into a Feat of Strength.

205NWBRAD1P61560367442464.jpg

2. Level Your Alts

Korakk's Revenge is a great way to level your characters of level 60 and above. You have until January 8 to get ahold of the Obsidian Worldbreaker Obsidian Worldbreaker mount during the Anniversary Event.

NZQ2FHYPIP3B1572916412798.jpg

3. Cap Reputation Paragon at 19,999

Heart of Azeroth Heart of Azeroth level is increased to 75 and the Artifact Power grind begins yet again. You can cap Reputation Paragon at 19,999/10,000 for all factions to save 40,000 Artifact Power when Patch 8.3 goes live.

WoWScrnShot_111419_141234.jpg

4. Complete Unlock Requirements for the New Allied Races

Mechagnomes and Vulpera are the latest pair of Allied Races that will become playable in Visions of N'Zoth, but in order to unlock them, you must:

K765WNPNM6GM1570236386603.jpg

5. Farm and Hoard Seafarer's Dubloons

Don't spend your valuable Seafarer's Dubloons until Patch 8.3 goes live. Blizzard is adding new dubloon traders who sell Island Expedition and Invasion crates which contain mounts, battle pets, and cosmetic items from Island Expeditions.

WoWScrnShot_121719_001934.jpg

6. Reach Exalted with Goblin & Worgen Factions for Heritage Armor

Players with a maximum-level character goblin or worgen who are Exalted with their faction (Bilgewater Cartel or Gilneas respectively) will be able to embark on a new questline for their Heritage Armor.

M9Y20R5B648R1575896540576.jpg

7. Farm and Hoard Profession Resources

Surprisingly enough, there are no new resources in Patch 8.3, just recipes, meaning you can farm fish, herbs, ore, and leather in advance to sell them when the update hits live servers to maximize your gold gain.

8. Work on Your Legendary Weapons

In Visions of N'Zoth, you will be able to transmogrify the following Legendary weapons:

Note that obtaining a Legendary weapon in World of Warcraft takes multiple weeks due to RNG and gating, so it would be best to start working on those weapons ASAP. You can find more information about restrictions here.

9. Cap Rustbolt Resistance Paragon 

Rustbolt Resistance Insignia Rustbolt Resistance Insignia can be used for Reputation Paragon only until Patch 8.3. In the coming update, the insignia will be changed to grant 100 reputation with the faction only until Exalted (Rustbolt Resistance Insignia Rustbolt Resistance Insignia).

1NRA64Q8ALRQ1560872007959.jpg

10. Farm Prismatic Manapearls

If your main has reached Revered with the Nazjatar factions, you will be able to purchase Bind to Account reputation-increasing tokens for your alts for 20 Prismatic Manapearls each.

V6O7G5DGH4UJ1560981039405.jpg

Related 8.3 News

• Like 1

You can cap Reputation Paragon at 19,999/10,000

How can you check what your paragon rep is at above 10,000? The default UI just shows that you need to go get the paragon reward once you hit 10,000.

29 minutes ago, Trest said:

How can you check what your paragon rep is at above 10,000? The default UI just shows that you need to go get the paragon reward once you hit 10,000.

There is a addon it's called paragon reputation ?

Edited by Latina
Found correct information about the addon name

+ i think, that there is a mistake and should be 9.999/10.000 ? and even without addon/s ,with default UI you can see how much rep you need to get your reward (just point your cursor at the bag next to your rep. and it should show you your current standing like 5425/10000 and so on)?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Perak said:

+ i think, that there is a mistake and should be 9.999/10.000 ? and even without addon/s ,with default UI you can see how much rep you need to get your reward (just point your cursor at the bag next to your rep. and it should show you your current standing like 5425/10000 and so on)?

It goes up to 19999/10000, not a mistake, but you need an addon to see progress after you reached 10k

4 hours ago, Lith said:

It goes up to 19999/10000, not a mistake, but you need an addon to see progress after you reached 10k

+

Totaly forgot, that it can go over that 10.000 value (so only up to 19.999), so basicaly, i will have one emisary reward ready + just 1 rep point away from 2nd reward from that same faction…. 8 factions x 2rewards = a lot of azerite + gold + war resources ? (still will check, if normal Blizz UI doesnt show more than 10.000 reputacion to be sure, but know that ElvUI show that + paragon lvl ) ?

5 hours ago, Perak said:

You can be 19999/20000 and turn in won reputation Box. However you will still be one reputation short for the 2nd Box because you can't cap at 20000 it stops at 19999. If you go to your reputation section and click on it to where it will show your progress bar it'll tell you how much you have total. All of my reputation except for 2R 19999/20000

Still have 3 more dungeons to complete on a +15 on time to finish the keystone achievement...however with certain affixes in place with rotation of emissaries for Tol Dagor, Waycrest Manor, and King's Rest makes it even more challenging per week.  If I don't complete it before the release of 8.3 I know I'll have to start all over again and do the two Mechagon split dungeons as well. ?

Transmogrifying legendaries ? Sure Illidan's claive's will be so "legendary" when every single dh wears them. Same applies for daggers on rogues , shadowmourne on dks etc etc.

4 hours ago, Kurosu said:

Transmogrifying legendaries ? Sure Illidan's claive's will be so "legendary" when every single dh wears them. Same applies for daggers on rogues , shadowmourne on dks etc etc.

Considering how common DHs are these days, we are going to see these glaives everywhere. 

As for the list of things to do, a lot of stuff isn't feasible with how people in lfg are these days. Most groups already require to have a curve (even if it's something like normal/transmog run), so in order to get a curve, you would need to have a curve... Plus insane ilvl requirements, often above what drops in that raid, which makes almost impossible to get in even with having good enough ilevel.

30 minutes ago, Arcling said:

Considering how common DHs are these days, we are going to see these glaives everywhere. 

As for the list of things to do, a lot of stuff isn't feasible with how people in lfg are these days. Most groups already require to have a curve (even if it's something like normal/transmog run), so in order to get a curve, you would need to have a curve... Plus insane ilvl requirements, often above what drops in that raid, which makes almost impossible to get in even with having good enough ilevel.

There are groups who pug to progress a raid, but mostly people just go with pugs for the gear because their raid isn't doing that particular difficulty. These people don't want to progress on each boss every time they join a pug, which is why people look for curved player to do Azshara on heroic, and still there are curved people who don't know any mechanics. This behavior is kind of understandable, don't you think?

On the Ilvl, I totally agree with you. But this problem also has its roots in the generally low skill and preparation people join a pug with. Most people with low gear have no idea how to play their class. Even high geared players sometimes have no clue. But at least if they have a lot of gear, their auto hits will do enough dmg to meet the dps requirement.

I think it's really sad that if you have the gear and the experience, you don't get invited because the toon you applied with is not your main. Like having CE for a 4/8 M run and then being denied because some ppl can't fathom that there are actually players who can play more than one class/role.

So to sum up, look for a guild that provides all the activities you are looking for and never ever open the LFG tool. Better for your nerves and your time will be more efficiently spent. :)

14 minutes ago, Manbearpig said:

There are groups who pug to progress a raid, but mostly people just go with pugs for the gear because their raid isn't doing that particular difficulty. These people don't want to progress on each boss every time they join a pug, which is why people look for curved player to do Azshara on heroic, and still there are curved people who don't know any mechanics. This behavior is kind of understandable, don't you think?

So to sum up, look for a guild that provides all the activities you are looking for and never ever open the LFG tool. Better for your nerves and your time will be more efficiently spent. ?

It is understandable if it's heroic, but I've even seen groups that required curve for normal, as I have mentioned before. That's just ridiculous. Also, LFG still has plenty of those paid runs advertisements, although it's not as bad as in Legion, probably it's the better filtering, at least less sites now.

BTW, I was a regular raider between TBC and Cata (even lead a guild for some time, also had a brief return in MoP), but my raiding days are long over. Trust me, I know it well, as someone mostly playing solo now anyway, finding a guild would have been pointless now, as I wouldn't commit. No one would play with anyone who shows from time to time, you need to get to know people, so those tightly-knit guilds are not an option. Alternative is to join one of those large guilds that take anyone, but these are unorganised and people usually don't interact much with each other, which defeats whole purpose of finding such a guild. 

14 hours ago, Arcling said:

No one would play with anyone who shows from time to time, you need to get to know people, so those tightly-knit guilds are not an option. Alternative is to join one of those large guilds that take anyone, but these are unorganised and people usually don't interact much with each other, which defeats whole purpose of finding such a guild. 

You do have a point there, I also stopped raiding some time ago, and was struggling to find a guild that met my requirements. I raid mythic once a week now, sometimes heroic, but not every id. I log in once a week (for the raid, duh) and that is enough. I do understand that you need to get to know people, and I sure as hell don't want to tell you how to play the game. It just was my experience, that even though the beginning in a new guild can be hard, it's still better than using the LFG tool for a lot of reasons.

But hey, that's just my opinion. :)

46 minutes ago, Manbearpig said:

You do have a point there, I also stopped raiding some time ago, and was struggling to find a guild that met my requirements. I raid mythic once a week now, sometimes heroic, but not every id. I log in once a week (for the raid, duh) and that is enough. I do understand that you need to get to know people, and I sure as hell don't want to tell you how to play the game. It just was my experience, that even though the beginning in a new guild can be hard, it's still better than using the LFG tool for a lot of reasons.

But hey, that's just my opinion. ?

It's all fine, glad it worked out for you. Mythic usually requires more dedication, so that's not an option for me, depends also what region/faction you are on, as Alliance raiding is pretty dead on higher end of raiding, except for Oceania from what I've read(even lower seems to suffer a bit from smaller recruitment pool), since many guilds have switched. It's like this in Europe for sure.