FORUMS

What Are Premium Accounts?

A premium account lets you pay a monthly/yearly sum to support Icy Veins, in exchange for which you gain several benefits:

• you will no longer be shown any ads on the site;
  • access to exclusive, high-quality Masterclass video content;
  • access to a Patron-only Discord channel, where you can interact with our writers, and a Patron-only forum section;
  • special forum badge and title;
  • access to custom Log Reviews (for World of Wacraft) and character reviews (for Diablo 3), by our expert writers (Epic subscribers only);

Why Support Icy Veins?

• Professionalism. At Icy Veins, every contributor is paid. We have contracts with all of our writers whereby we share earnings with them on their guides or news (with one of the best rates in the industry). Occasional contractors who review some of our guides or provide other consulting are also paid. So, by supporting Icy Veins, you will support a site that cares a great deal about its contributors.
  • Guide Quality. We try to keep our writing teams small, because it allows us to maintain a closer relationship with our writers and it also means that the money is split among fewer people, making the job more attractive, financially. This has worked out well for us, and over the years we have consistently been able to update our guides in time for new patches, experiencing very little turnover. By supporting Icy Veins, you will allow us to recruit additional staff without making it financially less attractive for the existing staff. In turn, this will lessen the workload on our authors and allow them to focus their attention on a smaller amount of guides, increasing guide quality.

How Do I Sign Up?

Click Go Premium at the top of the page to start the process of registering your Premium account.

How Much Does It Cost?

Our Premium membership starts at 0.99 euros (or US dollars) per month (paid annually). You can of course choose different payment plans, monthly or 6 months, and different levels of support.

International Credit Card Fees

Because Icy Veins is based in France, it is possible that your credit card company or your bank decides to apply an international payment fee, even if the transaction is in the currency of your country (we allow USD and EUR). You would need to look into your bank's or credit card's documentation to find out the exact amount, but it usually is a very small percentage of the sum you paid (2% to 3%).

What Happens to the Money?

Part of the money will be redistributed to the writers and the rest will be used to improve the website.

How do I Change, Cancel, or Check the Status of my Premium Membership?

Click your username in the top right corner and then click on Manage subscription in the menu that appears. When cancelling a subscription, you will continue to benefit from it until its renewal date, at which time it will end instead of renewing itself for another month/year. Similarly, when changing the amount of your subscription, this will only affect your future payments.

Refund Policy

If you experience issues with your premium subscription, we will refund your first payment, as a way to apologize and say thank you for helping us improve the premium system.

If you are unhappy with your premium subscription and want a refund, please contact us at [email protected].

Is my Credit Card Information Safe?

Yes, it is. As mentioned on the payment page, we do not store or even see your payment information. Everything is processed directly by Braintree, the payment processor we are using. They are a subsidiary of PayPal. On the payment page, you can inspect the fields and you will see that they are coded as iframes from Braintree, so we cannot access their content.

Help, I Signed Up But I Still See Ads?!

Please make sure to log out of your account and back in in order to activate premium. We are working on making that better.

How To Contact You In Case Of Problems?

[email protected] or the Premium member only forum section or our Premium-only channel on Discord.