FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Eqqman

D4 Season 6 Content Guide

In this season I'm not a big fan of the removal of level numbers from everything.  In season 5 hardcore I didn't have too much trouble getting up to the 90s before snuffing it but now I'm consistently dying in the 40s because I no longer have a sense of how dangerous anything is.  It was easy enough before to get nervous if things were 10+ levels over mine, but what's the rule of thumb in season 6?  For example do I wait until 60 before doing Nightmare dungeons?  If there's a guide out there giving guidelines on the level recommendations for the various content (especially the world difficulty) that would be very helpful.

On 10/19/2024 at 3:19 AM, Eqqman said:

In this season I'm not a big fan of the removal of level numbers from everything.  In season 5 hardcore I didn't have too much trouble getting up to the 90s before snuffing it but now I'm consistently dying in the 40s because I no longer have a sense of how dangerous anything is.  It was easy enough before to get nervous if things were 10+ levels over mine, but what's the rule of thumb in season 6?  For example do I wait until 60 before doing Nightmare dungeons?  If there's a guide out there giving guidelines on the level recommendations for the various content (especially the world difficulty) that would be very helpful.

1. Start with Normal and move to Hard once it's too easy to kill enemies.
  2. Only test Expert and Penitent if you feel like Hard has become too easy during your leveling journey to 60. It really depends on the gear and aspects you managed to get while leveling and how good your build is.
  3. Once you reach 60, start gathering the endgame gear you need. Pick the right activity to get gear: Helltides are quite popular one, or Infernal Hordes. You can do them in Expert or Penitent. Both activities will scale depending on the difficulty you pick.
  4. Once you are satisfied with your gear, you can start running activities in Torment 1 and higher. To unlock Torment difficulties, you will need to complete respective Pit levels. For Torment 1 that is Tier 20 in the Pit. Only change difficulty when you get too comfortable killing enemies (as in: everything dies within seconds and are you almost never in danger of dying). The penalties as you increase in Torment difficulties are quite punishing, so move up cautiously.

You can also run Nightmare Dungeons at any time and do not have to wait until you are Level 60+. They will scale to your choice of difficulty as well. Some activities though are considered endgame like the Dark Citadel, Infernal Hordes, or The Pit.